Polydrug use refers to the use of two or more psychoactive drugs in combination to achieve a particular effect. The comedown can be as extreme with feelings of low mood or depression and fear and other unexpected side effects such as paranoia due to the mix of drugs being used. Users often experience suicidal thoughts and feelings associated with this.
FAST offers a service that is specifically geared to helping people who are affected by using these types of drugs.
Whether you are experiencing effects from recently using these drugs or you want to break the cycle of drug use in your life, you can talk to us in confidence.
The Polydrug Use Service provides the following:
- Therapeutic interventions to participants to enable them to reduce their polydrug use or become drug free
- Support to those affected by polydrug use in the Finglas area
- Information and support for families affected by polydrug use
The Polydrug use Service Team uses a combination of evidence based therapeutic and holistic interventions on a one to one AND group basis, to support participants wishing to address their cocaine use. These include:
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Hypnotherapy Sessions
- Buteyko breathing techniques
- Relapse Prevention techniques
- Reduce the use techniques
If you need further information please ring (01) 8110595, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FM104 Radio Real Life for a Real World radio report
Click on the link above to listen to one persons experience of addiction and how they used FAST to support them on the road to recovery.
Read other people’s experience of FAST